The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, Dunedin, FL is looking for a Parish Administrator responsible for providing administrative support to the clergy, staff and church membership.
The position requires excellent communication and technical skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office or InDesign is required. The position is full time, salaried with benefits. Approximate start date is Monday, November 1, 2021.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Job Description: Parish Administrator
Church of the Good Shepherd, Dunedin, FL
The Parish Administrator is responsible for supporting the Rector, staff and membership in administering the parish with specific attention to parish communications and office supervision. The Parish Administrator serves as a liaison and conduit of information between staff, church leaders, membership, and community.
Administration of the Parish includes:
• Maintaining the church database (Realm).
• Maintaining the parish calendar by scheduling events and meetings
• Assisting with the Annual Giving Campaign including communication and pledge recording.
• Assembling and preparing the Parochial Report.
• Preparing and sending church wide communication (via USPS, Constant Contact, or e-mail)
• Performing additional responsibilities identified by the Rector
Supervising the Parish Office by:
• Maintaining office hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (September through
June), and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during July and August.
• Preparing bulletins, newsletters, annual report, member directory, etc.
• Training office volunteers.
• Communicating with the Sexton regarding use and maintenance of the campus.
• Arranging for the maintenance of office equipment and ordering supplies.
• Uploading documents to the church website
Financial Responsibilities include:
• Supervising the Monday morning counters and posting weekly contributions.
• Enter cash receipts and pledges.
• Overseeing the accounting process (receive invoices, prepare payment requests to be submitted to the Bookkeeper, review final documents and checks).
• Communicating with the Bookkeeper.
To apply, please email: