A message about novel coronavirus, COVID-19, and other health updates at COGS (Church of the Good Shepherd):
All Sunday worship services are live-streamed for all who wish to participate virtually.
FOR THE SAT, OCT 10 & SUN, OCT 11 SERVICES ONLY – There will be no in-person attendance permitted. All are invited and encouraged to attend worship services virtually.
COGS currently offers in-person participation during worship services on Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday with the following precautions and guidelines in place:
- Masks are required for attendance and must remain on for the entire service.
- Church pews are marked with tape to indicate properly social distanced seating.
- In-person attendance at services is limited to stated capacities. We value the health and safety of each of you and will continue to promote self-distancing measures. Sanctuary capacity is 50 people, including those serving at the altar. Overflow seating is available in Kirk Hall on Sundays with services live-streamed.
- Look for an email each Saturday with links to the services and bulletins for each service.
- Individual, paper worship bulletins will be available for each service. If you choose, you may view a digital PDF copy of the bulletin on your own mobile device. Bulletins can be found HERE.
- If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you stay home.
- Pews and railings are disinfected after each service. Please contact the church office if you would like to serve as part of this team.
- Coffee hour will remain virtual for the foreseeable future. You can read more about it HERE.
WE ARE LIMITING FACE-TO-FACE GATHERINGS
- Staff will be available during normal business hours, email and phone contact is preferred.
- Church-sponsored meetings and classes are reopening slowly. Check our online calendar if you aren’t sure whether your program has restarted.
PRAYER BRINGS PEACE
- Join people around the world for the daily offices services in the Book of Common Prayer in the Morning, at Noonday, in the Evening, and for Compline.
- Links to sites offering the Daily Office are on our website and Facebook pages.
At home, on a walk, or at church. Pray for:
- Those who have fallen ill, who have died, and their families – here and around the world.
- Medical workers here and in every nation who are on the front lines caring for the stricken.
- Every day, find 10 things to give thanks to God for.
- Dunedin Cares food pantry is serving a record number of people. Bring food to Good Shepherd M-F, 9 AM – 3 PM, and we will get it to them.
- Look for neighbors who cannot leave the house and offer help.
ASK FOR HELP!
If you need help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with someone who is eager to be of assistance.
If you have ANY questions or concerns, please contact the church office.
Services Online Worship Bulletins Prayer Resources Newsletter Signup
For the latest information on health and safety, local event cancellations, and other COVID-19 facts, please visit the CDC’s website and local newspaper publications. Also, the Diocese of SWFL has their own webpage regarding COVID-19.