Sunday 9:15 AM & 11:15 AM
Church of the Good Shepherd
NEXT: Mother’s Day – May 10th
Scheduled up to once per month while COVID-19 Social Distancing measures are in place. See instructions below.
WORSHIP COMES FIRST!
Please join us in worship online at your preferred time. The teaching of the Church is that one should hear the Gospel read and proclaimed (that’s the sermon) before receiving Holy Communion. We won’t begin distributing the elements for about 15 minutes after the end of the services, so there’s no point in getting to the church before either 9:15 or 11:15, respectively. We will stay until the last person arriving at Good Shepherd that morning is served.
COME TO GOOD SHEPHERD SECOND
Come on foot, on a bike, or in a car – all are welcome, no exceptions! No matter how you arrive, though, please remember that we will be observing the 10+6 Rule: No more than 10 people in a room at one time, and everyone always 6 feet apart (except those of you who share a household can be closer together).
- People who walk or bike to church will come into Kirk Hall to receive.
- Everyone who drives will enter the parking lot from Albert St. Our awesome Parking Lot Team will be there to guide you. You will not need to get out of your car to receive Holy Communion.
- For each person in the car, there will be an individual serving of Holy Communion in a small plastic cup. (NOTE: Per our bishop’s current instructions, we are not able to distribute wine at this time). As you approach, a server will put the cups on a table for you to take, give to any others in your car, and consume.
- A bit further up will be a drop off station, where we will receive your used cups. They will be thoroughly and reverently washed before being disposed of.
- As you leave, Becky will bless each of you with holy water.
- You will then exit either onto Edgewater Dr. or u-turn back to Albert St.
GATHER ONLINE ON SUNDAYS
- It is your pastor’s calling and joy to lead this church family in worship, and she will continue to offer both services on Sunday.
- BOTH THE 8:00 A.M. AND 10 A.M. services will be STREAMED LIVE ONLINE. This is how we encourage you to gather with your church family for now.
- In-person attendance at services is not a current option. We value the health and safety of each of you and will continue to promote self-distancing measures.
- Look for an email each Saturday with links to the services and bulletins for each service.
- If you don’t get our emails, follow these links to our YouTube channel and service bulletins.
For more virtual gatherings during the week, check out our list of events:
View All Events